Friday, February 6, 2009

Ticked Off.

So don't say I didn't warn you. I made it three whole posts without broaching controversial topics. But this was too much to pass up:

According to Mark Hamilton, the president of the University of Alaska, conservationists need to "mature". He was questioned by one of Alaska's illustrious representitive (Anna Fairclough, a Republican from Eagle River) about why the the state should increase funding for the university when most of the students are anti-development. Hamilton replied that really UAF faculty and students are as conservative as they come and and that those that aren't will grow up and mature to see the "real world".

So Mark Hamilton thinks I'm immature for believing it is not ultimately in our best interest to rape and pillage the planet for every dime of profit we can squeeze out of it.

Well right now, I'm sticking my tongue out at him. So There!

No comments:

Post a Comment