Sunday, February 22, 2009

One Year Ago Today


I just had dinner at the home of some friends. After dinner they showed us some photos from their recent trip to Peru. The images of the Andes, the high pampas, and the tightly packed cities made me miss South America something fierce. When I got home I went into a few of my own images from that end of the world and I wondered where I was exactly one year ago today. I scrolled through the images of my time in Bolivia until I found a few that were taken on February 22, 2008. The image above is one of them. Turns out I was photographing the high desert of southwest Bolivia near the Chilean/Argentine borders. It is a land rich in colors. Red rocky desert, pockets of green pampas grass, red, green, blue and white lakes, pink flamingos and an enormous deep blue sky.

I can't wait to get back to the southern hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment