Friday, September 11, 2009

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Brown Bear, Brooks Falls, Katmai National Park and Preserve, Alaska.
Canon 40d, 500mm f4, tripod. Minimal post-processing in Lightroom. Full frame.

From the very beginning, the first entry of this edition of the blog actually, I noted that I am an inconsistent blogger. And the last several months were proof. So here is to turning over a new leaf. .

There is a lot to catch up on since April. The whole summer has rolled by, I've packrafted Beaver Creek, led two National Geographic Expeditions tours and an Arctic Wild Polar Bear watching trip. I've written three or four new articles for Birds and Blooms, enjoyed a visit from my parents, am in the process of renovating the cabin and creating a studio/office space from the workshop. And there went the summer. Now its autumn, the leaves are falling and winter seems all too close. Oh, and I'm running a marathon a week from tomorrow.

So that should catch everyone up on where things stand from my end. I'm going to start putting up some select images from the summer's adventures. Starting with the one above from Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park. Brooks is THE place to watch brown bears fishing for salmon. This visit was early July, prime-time for bears and there were around a dozen at the falls. The visit was far too short, and I was guiding a group of tourists and so couldn't dedicate myself entirely to photography. Still I came back with several shots I'm very happy with. Keep your eyes open for a how-to shoot bears at Katmai essay, sometime in the not too distant feature.

More to come...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment