Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Revisiting Old Images

Long-tailed Duck, Arctic Refuge
Canon 20D, 500mm f4L IS. 1/350th sec, f5.6 w/ 1.4 TC. ISO 200

I often get so preoccupied with creating new images that I forget to go back and look at old ones. But, I'm currently preparing a collection of images from a trip the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in the summer of 2007. It was a trip gifted with good light, amazing wildlife, and good people. These images are set to accompany an article I have forthcoming in Birder's World. I've been going back through the original RAW images, to reprocess the best in Lightroom. Better software and more advanced skills on my part have been led to much better completed images. The one above is perfect example. For whatever reason, I'm not even sure I've ever processed it before. And that is why it's a good idea to occasionally go back and take a look through your archives. You never know what you may find.

No comments:

Post a Comment