Saturday, October 17, 2009

Flaming Birch

Fiery Birch
Canon 7D, 70-200f2.8L IS, 1/125th second @ f2.8, ISO 100, tripod mounted

This time of year can be difficult. Each day we are losing about seven minutes of sunlight. But what that means in terms of photography is that the sun rises less and less above the horizon and the light is long and sweet.

Backlighted images like this can be tricky. Its impossible, and not even desirable in a situation like this to expose for all of it. I much prefer the glowing, almost cloudy appearance of this. Closer to how this looked in reality, and much, much closer to how the scene felt.

P.S. I figured how to make the images on here bigger. I think its a BIG improvement. I hope you agree.

1 comment:

  1. The detail of the bark and the bit of moss plus the hair thin spider web in the branch and the way it's lit up by the flame are amazing! I like the bigger image, too.

    ReplyDelete