Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Not My Image: Alex Badyaev


Today, I launch a new feature here on the Wild Imagination Journal. I'm going to call it simply: Not My Image. That way there will be no mistaking these for mine, not that I think you'll be confused. The purpose of these occasional posts will be to share work of some of the photographers whom I admire and take inspiration.

I can think of no photographer I'd rather honor with this first post than Alex Badyaev. He is, in my opinion, one of the finest wildlife photographers...period. His work is absolutely beautiful, simultaneously showing behavior and place, combined with exquisite composition. He is an evolutionary biologist by trade, a professor of biology at the University of Arizona. And that makes his work even more outstanding: Photography isn't even his job! His expertise and knowledge about wildlife allow him a perspective rarely found in images of animals. Alex's technical expertise is also out of this world, incredible light, depth of field, composition, and focus. Take a few minutes, or longer, to browse his mind-blowing galleries and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Find his site here: Ten Best Photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment